Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Breaded Chicken Goodness

Yesterday on my day off, I was watching Barefoot Contessa {out of the corner of my eye while I played around on my computer}. She was making a breaded chicken salad... and, of course, I thought "I can do that". So, tonight instead of going to work out like I normally do, I cooked (yes, counter productive). This time it was just for me, myself, and I... but, I can't wait to make for some company! I definitely have been given my mother's ability to improvise in the kitchen, so excuse the lack of precise measurements. I just had to share! It is de-lisc-ious!!!

(Note: I am writing these instructions as I eat... in between bites)

Breaded Chicken:
Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts (as much as you need for the amount of guests)
Seasoned Bread Crumbs (I bought Progresso Garlic & Herb)
1-3 Eggs
Flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
Salt/Pepper
Parmesan Cheese
Olive Oil & Butter

Steps to Delisciousness:
1. Get 3 bowls.
2. In Bowl 1: flour, salt, pepper, Bowl 2: Breadcrumbs & Parmesan Cheese, Bowl 3: Beated eggs & a Touch of Water.
3. Pound Chicken between wax/parchment paper to flatten.
4. Heat olive oil (about 1/4 cup) & butter (about 2ish tablespoons)
5. Dip flatten chicken in flour, bathe in egg mixture, douse with breadcrumb mixture. Make sure to fully cover the chicken.
6. Lie the seasoned chicken in the sizzling butter/oil for about 4-ish minutes (until brown)- then flip.
7. Remove from pan & admire your delicious creation!
8. Repeat as necessary for all the chicken (you may need to add more butter/oil in between batches).

Salad
I served myself the chicken over a bed of soft, leafy greens with cherry tomatoes and a lemon/olive oil dressing (just combined olive oil, fresh lemon juice, and salt/pepper).

Reader Note: let me know if you have any questions & PLEASE let me know if you make it- my mouth is very happy right now!

Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

Mosley Family said...

Baby, you can cook for me anytime!